Trent Shipley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked

    Is there a difference between marketing and debate?

Yes.  Debate occurs when both want to discover a truth.  Marketing
implies that the marketer knows more than the consumer.

    I too prefer being on the recieving end of an "I-message" ...
    until I notice my interloculator has changed from a socratic
    exchange to manipulative psycho-therapy.

Yep.  You notice that your interloculator is trying to sell you an
idea, rather than trying to find out a truth.

    http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]