Damon Agretto wrote:

It seems like if it's not on eBay, it's not worth
buying :-)

Mig 29 Fighter JET as new LOOK

People have been selling MiG 21s, F-5s, etc for years
domestically in the US, I see nothing unusual about
this. IIRC I saw a pic of an F-5 in LAPD colors!

Except that MiG 21s, F-5s etc are seriously obsolete, and no more threatening than a Cessna Citation (less, given the availability of parts for Cessnas). A MiG 29 is a modern, capable fighter designed to take on the current inventory of the USN and most of the USAF, with some air-to-ground strike capability...

Oh, and an F5E / T38 in LAPD colours features in the Dragnet movie from the mid-80s.

Cheers
Russell C.