              TOPFIVE.COM'S LITTLE FIVERS  --  COMICS
                http://www.topfive.com/fivers.shtml

February 27, 2004

NOTE FROM DAVE:

        I just encountered a recording of Jan & Dean doing
          a version of the 1960s Batman theme song. After
          the sheer mind-numbing badness of the concept,
        interpretation and execution of the song wore off,
                I said "Hey! There's a topic here!"

The Top 9 Song Covers by Superheroes (Part 1)

9> Triad: Three Times a Lady

 8> Angel & The Ape: Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for
    Me and my Monkey

7> Rogue: Don't Stand So Close to Me

6> Wolverine: Cuts Like a Knife

5> Firestorm: Come Together

4> Bane: I Whupped Batman's Ass

3> Black Bolt: Sounds of Silence

2> Jean Grey: By the Time I Get to Phoenix

and the Number 1 Song Cover by Superheroes...

1> The Wonder Twins: Sometimes When We Touch

              [   Copyright 2004 by Chris White    ]
              [       http://www.topfive.com       ]

================================================================== Selected from 235 submissions from 41 contributors. Today's Top 5 List authors are: ------------------------------------------------------------------ Tom Galloway, Mountain View, CA -- 1, 2, 3 (1st #1/Hat trick!) Jami Severstad, Neenah, WI -- 4 Jack Scheer, Falls Church, VA -- 5, 9 Rebecca Gerlak, Cleveland, OH -- 6 Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia -- 7 Alvaro Ibáñez, Mexico City, Mexico -- 8 Dave Goudsward, Lake Worth, FL -- Doc Severinsen he ain't

               Song Covers by Superheroes (Part 1)
             RUNNERS UP list  --  Man of Steel Guitar

Swamp Thing: Green, Green Grass of Home
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

Scarecrow: Welcome to my Nightmare
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

Fire and Ice: Fire and Ice
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

Professor Xavier: Can't Get You Out of My Head
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

The Joker: Can I Play With Madness?
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

The Thing: Rock Bottom
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

Sue Reed: How You Gonna See Me Now?
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

Dr Strange: You Can Do Magic
          (Andrew Jones, Brisbane, Australia)

                Song Covers by Superheroes (Part 1)
            HONORABLE MENTION list  --   X-Band Members

Batman: A Hard Day's Night
          (Alvaro Ibáñez, Mexico City, Mexico)

The Tick: Spoonman
          (Arthur Levesque, Laurel, MD)

The Incredible Hulk: Don't Be Angry
          (Danny Gallagher, Austin, TX)

Black Widow, Hercules, Ghost Rider, Angel and Iceman: We Are the
Champions
          (Tom Galloway, Mountain View, CA)

[                  TOPFIVE.COM'S LITTLE FIVERS                   ]
[            "Top 10" lists on a variety of subjects             ]
[                     http://www.topfive.com                     ]