On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:58:57PM -0700, Michael Harney wrote:

> "Do you truly believe that America can make itself more prosperous by
> sending money and jobs out of the country?"

Absolutely. This is extremely clear. David Ricardo explained it 200
years ago, and it has been demonstrated over and over since then. Since
you haven't read my post where I discussed in detail, I will summarize:
overall, we get back more than we send out. No question about it. The
only question is the distribution of the benefits -- and that should be
addressed directly, not by restricting trade.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/