From: Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Request for Admin Action (Was: Re: Fascist Censorship spreadinglike Cancer)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:57:17 -0500

Nick and Julia, I think you should ignore Jon. He seems to think he
has a right to control other people on this list, but you should not
help him to achieve such control. If you do as Jon directs you to,
then I formally request that Jon be given a warning for personally
attacking "Fool" and trying to censor people on the list, and if you
do that then I also formally request an investigation into whether
"Jon Gabriel" is his real name, and if we are going to start formally
enforcing "guidelines" as strict rules, isn't there a guideline about
not posting under aliases?

He has a right to be offended by some words which he finds offensive, does he not? And it just so happens that certain words, deemed profanity, are frowned upon here. It doesn't matter that someone doesn't recognize the idea of profanity. That's simply a clever way to stymie people who do.

As for Jon calling on Nick and/or Julia to actually DO something, well it's to be applauded. Why? Not because I'm offended by the use of profanity. I'm not. But I do find it offensive that someone would hide behind some half-ass excuse to use profanity, when we collectively agree not to. Play by the rules eh? Either that or get outta my sandbox...I'm sure people understand the allusion.

One more thing Erik. How do you justify calling on Nick and Julia to ignore Jon? Being admins, aren't they the logical choice for him to make the request to? I don't think that Jon was going to ask my dog Rocky to do something about the current situation...

-Travis