On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:08:37 -0500, John D. Giorgis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 12:21 AM 3/13/2004 -0800 Doug Pensinger wrote:
One poorly stood conclusion of economics is that "Buy American" campaigns
(or as Doug recently suggested, "Loyalty Polcies") are actually highly
counterproductive.

Read my posts again, John. I never argued for "buy American" anything.

You argued for "Loyalty", which is essentially "Produce American", which is
pretty much the same thing.

We were discussing the relationship between employers and employees. Why is employer loyalty essentially "buy American?"

--
Doug