At 10:36 PM 3/15/2004 -0500 Tom Beck wrote:
>John Kerry may be against gay marriage, but he is not proposing a
>useless constitutional amendment in order to appear to be defending
>some nonsensical, ahistorical view of marriage in order to pander to a
>mostly evangelical conservative Christian base. He's not being
>hypocritical on this, the way all those Republicans who piled on
>Clinton when they were all unfaithful themselves had been.

I can't believe that I am being sucked into this moronic thread.

Unfortuantely, the sheer inability of people here to understand
conservatives continues to astound.

Anyhow.....

1) Believing in the sanctity of marriage does not require believing that
divorce should be outlawed.   Opposition to gay marriage and one's belief
on the appropriate standards and frequency of divorces are not connected in
any necessary way.

2) !!!!!!!!!!!BILL CLINTON WAS IMPEACHED FOR PERJURY, NOT ADULTERY!!!!!!!!!!!
<Shouting Fully Intentional - Since in What, Six Years?, the Truth Has Yet
to Sink In>

3) John Kerry supports amending the Massachusetts State Constitution to
outlaw gay marriage..... if that isn't pandering, then panda's aren't red,
black, and white.

A big giant THANK YOU to Robert Seeburger for posting the flame-bait to
Brin-L.

JDG