<<http://www.gorenfeld.net/blog//2004_03_01_barchive.html#1079470027841075
97>>

Abstinence-Only educator discovers link between AIDS, civil rights

Just what kind of expert is attracted to Abstinence-Only funding -- the
recipients of which aren't allowed to talk about condoms, except as a
menace?

Meet Dr. William L. Bergman, M.D. The good doctor is one of the creators
of Free Teens U.S.A., the Moonie sex-ed program. With help from a White
House grant just under $500,000, its paid professionals spend their time
convincing New Jersey schoolkids to reflect upon how sex is just like
drinking other people's spit in grotesque classroom exercises.

I've been trying to convey that it's not so much the religious beliefs of
the Unification Church that matter--it's the group's clout in Washington
as an openly fascist political organization. (If Dr. William L. Bergman
thinks the felonious owner of the Washington Times is the Messiah, what
business is that of ours?) What is important is that your tax dollars are
funding ideas like these:

Dr. William Bergman, once-director of Moon's Unification church, produced
a slide program for schools called "The Private Plague: AIDS, Sexually
Transmitted Diseases & a Strategy for our Youth at Risk." Bergman's
program teaches that these diseases have roots in the "civil rights
movement" which allegedly led to "moral relativism." (Clarkson's source:
The Private Plague slide program manual, p. 23.)

----

Shrub 04:
Don't Switch Horsemen Mid-Apocalypse