I wrote:
<snip-snip>
> ...Another was that 'absolute certainty' about most
> things/issues
> -- and my conviction that I wouldn't be changing my
> mind just because of experience* (oh, was I wrong!
> :P
> ).  The world seemed to be much more black-and-white
> to me then, while now I discern multiple shadings of
> gray.  It is a much tougher world-view, because I
> see
> various facets of issues, and cannot easily dismiss
> others' opinions without at least trying to
> understand them...

Whoof.  That came across as 'way more arrogant than I
meant - I was truly thinking of _myself_ as a college
frosh or soph, not any of the 'younger folks' on the
List.  Lordy, I was close to insufferable at times, I
daresay...

Debbi
who, with a similarly-experienced friend, hoots
periodically over our reminiscences of our teenage
sturm-und-drang (think Luke Skywalker: "But Uncle
Owen, I wan-ned to go to Tashi Station..." <whine!
whine! whine!>)