From: JDG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Birding In NM (was: Virus infection alert !)
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:19:45 -0400

Bosque de Apache National Wildlife Refuge.

A primary winter home for the nation's population of sandhill cranes.
The scene of so many cranes and other waterbirds in one place is absolutely
stunning - straight out of a "Nature" or "National Geographic" program.

And if you chat with the locals, they might direct you to some of the
smaller places where there are fewer crowds.....

JDG

You want birds? Then come to my island. I can take my dog for a walk, and nearly trip over wild partridge (grouse). A family of bald eagles has a nest where I am currently working, which is less than 20 ft from the Atlantic ocean. It's pretty neat to see the seagulls and the crows chasing the eagles away. Falcons are not uncommon, though you have to be in the right place (which is all in an approx 5 km diameter from where I live). Puffins are neat, if you take a boat or sea-kayak tour. And birds aside, it nothing strange to see a moose running down the street. We have lynx around...and ah...my dog Rocky...

-Travis