On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:41:28PM -0500, The Fool wrote:

> If you consider 38years 'not too many years'.

Yes, I do. If you are investing is stocks now, 38 years isn't that
long because the market is at historically quite high valuations.  For
example, I would NOT advise 100% equities for anyone who plans to need
the money within 50 years.

And you and Dan didn't really catch my point which was more that the
fund is going to go negative than the exact date that it happens. That
means it will be paying out significant portions BEFORE and up to that
date. That means that they should NOT invest all the money in 30 year
bonds. But as Dan's link showed, they haven't :-)

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/