John wrote:

That is exactly where the focus has been. Read some of the staff
reports. Also, for the most part, the commissioners have been non
partisan in assessing what went wrong. And make no mistake my friends,
the US government at almost every level bears some responsibility for
the events of Sept 11, 2001, as does the media and the citizenry.
Almost no one, with the exception of a very few career civil servants
crying in the wind, paid attention to the threat that Al Queda posed to
this country.

But the buck stops in the oval office. As it becomes more and more evident that Bush was asleep at the switch, and worse, that he refuses to even begin to take responsibility for his lapses, it becomes more and more imperitive that we spare no effort to send him packing.

--
Doug