        E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Date: October 5, 2003

        Red coloured rain occurred in many places of Kerala in India
during  July to September 2001 due to the mixing of huge quantity of
microscopic red cells in the rainwater. Considering its correlation
with a meteor airbust event, this

        phenomenon raised an extraordinary question whether the cells
are
        extraterrestrial. Here we show how the observed features of the
red     rain

        phenomenon can be explained by considering the fragmentation and
atmospheric
        disintegration of a fragile cometary body that presumably
contains a      dense
        collection of red cells. Slow settling of cells in the
stratosphere    explains the
        continuation of the phenomenon for two months. The red cells
under   study appear
        to be the resting spores of an extremophilic microorganism.
Possible        presence of
        these cells in the interstellar clouds is speculated from its
similarity in UV

        http://arxiv.org/ftp/astro-ph/papers/0310/0310120.pdf

        or

        http://tinyurl.com/2sxuh

Well seems like chtoran infestiation if you ask me

Nick "Better call in Jim McCarthy and Lizard, almost forgot Foreman"
Lidster