[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What I see is
> attempts to demonize Mike because, well ... He's winning...

Hi, Chad/Nerd.  Good to hear from you.
He's winning?  It depends on how one keeps score.  In my book,
going for cheap shots that make good soundbites can be construed
as an admission that one can't argue things on their merits.

I've often wondered about this idea of "winning" a debate.  Some
people seem to actually judge the winner on the basis of snappy
lines like the following, regardless of the facts:

"I KNEW Jack Kennedy, and you're no Jack Kennedy."

"If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, ... then it
is a duck."  (Sorry about the mess I made of the last one!)

                                ---David