William Browning Spencer says in an interview:

"I've often thought the hardest writer to be, unless you had a deep
scientific background, would be a hard science fiction writer, because
your fans would always be writing in to tell you what you did wrong.
(Laughs) "I'm sorry, you can not in fact do that, and this is not
what's called centrifugal force." And you would be writing books
thinking, "Oh, they're really going to nail me on this one!" Instead
of thinking of your fans as this warm bunch of fuzzy people out there,
you're thinking of them poised to rip you apart if you make some
incredible scientific faux paux."

Any writers here agree?
<BEG>

xponent