> Anybody who murders, rapes or commits other violent-
> crimes-against-persons needs to be caught and prosecuted 'to
> the max' IMO, but does that make them a terrorist?

My knee-jerk reaction to this was that this was yet another case of
authority abuse and overkill, but after thinking it over, I'm not so
sure about that anymore.

I don't think that I have ever heard of a gang getting together to pick
up garbage or make a social call to the local senior center.  Usually
gang activity is reported as turf wars, theft, murder, violence, etc.
How many times have we read or heard stories about gang members being
required to murder innocent people (or some other asinine stunt) as an
initiation?  Granted, that may not be considered the "norm", but it
isn't unheard of either.

If a group of people (foreign or domestic) use violence, threats and
intimidation to manipulate or terrorize others, then yes, they could be
labeled as terrorists.  (oops, that also describes some recent acts of
some military personnel)

Ask someone that has had to live with, or deal with gangs, if they would
have any problem labeling them terrorists, or if the gangs act any
different than terrorists.