On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:19:54PM -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:
> You can get a fairly tasty product at home with just a few simple
> ingredients:
>
> half & half
> sugar
> liquid nitrogen

But the apparatus? The cream needs to be stirred/agitated while freezing
to make airy, fluffy ice cream. Did you use a conventional ice cream
maker? I would think the liq N2 would freeze the cream so fast that it
wouldn't incorporate much air, making more of cream slushie than smooth,
fluffy ice cream. Even if you had someone going nuts stirring manually,
I wonder if you could incorporate enough air before the liq N2 freezes
it...

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/