Headline:  Somali Charged in Plot Against Ohio Mall

This is close enough to me that it leaves a shiver. They have not
announced what mall was the potential target, but my guess is that it
was City Center mall as that would be the one that would cause the most
death and destruction. It is a three level mall with a central atrium
dead center in downtown Columbus. An explosion in that mall would be
devastating for both life and property and would bring Columbus to a
virtual halt due to the location and integration of the streets.

The next best potential targets would be Easton or Polaris. I was at all
three malls, with the kids, in the last week.

Of course this threat is no different that any other terrorist threat,
it's just a little closer to home for me.  I have always said that the
best way to create true terror would be the random bombing or
destruction of small town targets that have no strategic value.

Gary

Somali Charged in Plot Against Ohio Mall

WASHINGTON June 14, 2004 - A Somali native living in Ohio has been
charged with plotting with other al-Qaida operatives to blow up a
Columbus-area shopping mall, according to an indictment unsealed Monday.

The four-count indictment, returned by a Columbus grand jury, charges
that Nuradin Abdi, 32, conspired with admitted al-Qaida member Iyman
Faris and others to detonate a bomb at the unidentified shopping mall
after he obtained military-style training in Ethiopia

Complete article...

http://tinyurl.com/yws5p