d.brin wrote:
> Afternoon of October 1 at UC Berkeley. I will speak at Sproul Plaza
> on the 40th anniversary of Mario Savio's rant atop a police car,
> which started the famed Berkeley Free Speech Movement. It seems both
> cool and weird to be chosen.  I plan to talk about "Our Freedom to
> Speak and Know in the 21st Century" before heading across the bay
for
> that evening's Swissnex event. (See "appearances".)
>
> That  San Francisco event, which will  feature a speech from Greg
> Bear at the TransAmeric Pyramid on  Friday, 10/01/04, 7:30pm.
> Website is http://www.swissnex.org/event-scifi.html  I'll also be
> attending/speaking there.
>
> October 18 & 19: Speeches on the future of environmentalism and the
> future of Science Fiction, at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle,
> Washington.
>

> See http://www.davidbrin.com/appearances.html for updates.

Is it true you were named GOH for Japan Worldcon next year?

> Thrive all...
>
> ...and please help oust the klepto morons so decent conservatives
can
> regain the GOP and Barry Goldwater and Abraham Lincoln can stop
> spinning in their graves.  It's time for the Union to rise up and
get
> the clutches of the Confederacy off our government.

Bush is from Connecticut, the whole family is a bunch of pretend
southerners.

> A proud Californian (Yay Ah-nold!)

What is it you like about the Governator?
I don't hear a whole lot of news from California these days, with the
glut of political and Iraquicentric news taking up all the space.

xponent
Carpetbaggers Maru
rob