All:

I still have power (unlike some 750K-1M in the state, so I hear), so I thought I'd send out an update.

As of the last time I checked the rain gauge, we had received >4" (10cm) of rain this morning. It had slacked off at that time, but in the past few minutes we are starting to get thunder and more rain. There are trees down all over, but so far the only thing in my yard is one limb from the big oak tree there. We are just getting video from the Gulf Shores area, and there is a lot of damage down there. Some of the main roads down there have been washed out. In other parts of town here in Birmingham where flooding during rainstorms is common, they are getting flooding. The sky is actually lightening up from what it was for an hour or two until just a few minutes ago: it was like late twilight.

If anyone's in the Calgary, Alberta area, I just did a phone interview for CHED (630 AM) and they are due to call back around 1630 CDT (a friend of mine from BYU days works up there and called). Dunno if they used it or not . . .

Will keep you updated as I can.

-- Ronn in Birmingham, AL :)