On Sep 18, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

--- Robert Seeberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Exactly the same kinds of questions I asked myself.
But on the other
hand if there were some sort of concerted effort to
that end, could it
even be done?

xponent
UFOs Did It Maru
rob

No. The care which the American military takes to protect its dead is, religious isn't the right word (obviously it's religious) but also extraordinary.

Almost as extraordinary as the care with which the American media is not permitted to show imaged of flag-draped coffins leaving military transports.

While I agree that it would be pretty difficult to keep a massive loss quiet, I am nowhere near as sanguine as you appear to be. There have been cover-ups before in this conflict, and there have been cover-ups in other conflicts; and Abu Ghraib was whistleblown long before pictures leaked out to confirm what the "crackpots" had been asserting.

Evidence is absolutely required here before anyone can draw any solid conclusions, but since Nixon absolutely no one should have as much faith in the honesty of the US government as you seem to hold.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" Excerpt at http://www.nightwares.com/books/Flat_Out.pdf