> Behalf Of Doug Pensinger

> Why can't we find better people to run the country?

Because no one in their right mind would ever want to go through
this and run for president.  I consider myself a moderate liberal.
I can see myself possibly voting for a moderate Republican in some
circumstances.  But a moderate Republican could never make it
through the primaries.  I can see a moderate Democrat appealing to a
lot of moderate conservatives I know.  But, again, a moderate
Democrat couldn't make it through the primaries either.  I find it
amazingly frustrating.

Is *anybody* better than Bush?  No, probably not.  Not Nader and not
the guy the Libertarians nominated.  But Kerry probably won't screw
things up any worse than Bush has.

Gah.  Is that the best we can hope for?

 - jmh