At 05:15 PM Friday 9/24/04, Robert Seeberger wrote:
Horn, John wrote:
>> Behalf Of Russell Chapman
>>
>> I don't know if this has been up already (you guys are getting so
>> passionate I've tended to tune out a bit...), and I have
>> absolutely no
>> idea how accurate it is, but it is a really fascinating map
>> showing the
>> tracks of the hurricanes and the counties (or whatever you call
your
>> electoral districts) that voted Bush in 2000.
>>
>> Let's not forget to change the subject if discussion ensues...
>>
>> Cheers
>> Russell C.
>> http://203.25.67.2/images/FloridaTracks.jpg
>
> Snopes.com has disputed this pretty well.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/hurricane.asp

Since I have a bit of an attitude with Snopes lately, I went and
checked my sources against what is shown on the map.
It is actually somewhat accurate for Charley and Frances. But Ivan
landed in Alabama rather than Florida.

Apparently it liked the South so much it decided to come back for a return trip. Or else Texans complained so loudly about being left out that they sent it a ticket for a return trip.

[Ironic note: one of the people I know on another list is a woman named Jeanne who lives in Florida . . . ]

-- Ronn!  :)

"Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one cannot remain in the cradle forever."
-- Konstantin E. Tsiolkovskiy