Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**To make sure someone doesn't misunderstand me, I'm not accusing David of
bad technique...I'm stating the opinion that the folks he knows are not a
random sample of those with graduate degrees.

Fair enough.  You are certainly right.  E.G. today I spoke to an environmental group.
And while some are recent defectors from GOP, that general tendency would certainly
bve seen among people who (ehther conservative or not) think the long term
sustainability of civilization and of the planet should be a factor in political
decisions.  So yes, there's sampling error.