At 07:13 AM 10/21/2004 -0700 David Brin wrote:
>Indeed, there are many times to take a pure and passionate stand.  I am
deeply suspicious of the underlying emotional reasons behind the choice of
abortion as a stand, which must be ratcheted earlier with each new medical
advance, till we must sing (as in Monty Python) "Every Sperm is sacred".....

With all due respect, no logical fallacy gets me more bleepin' pissed off
than that old chestnut you repeated.   (Sure, its good humor, but as an
argument, it is pretty weak.)

There is big-time biological change that occurs at the moment of
conception.   A zygote is clearly human.   A sperm or ovum is clearly not.

JDG