--- Dan M offered interesting statistics.  But the
core thing is this.  Clinton asked THIS generation to
pay for our own expenses.  W is demanding that our
children pay for a trillion dollar gift to his
friends...

...on the excuse that his frat brothers will tthen
invest in jobs at home (they have not) and
productivity/tools etc (they have not).

Oh, this is the only time that we have gone to war in
US history with the president asking for tax cuts
instead of prudently asking taxpayers (especially the
rich) to fork over in their own defense).

You know, if this war *really* was for "our own defense," I think I could almost stomach leaving a debt that vast for my son and his children to pay.

Dave

Experts Agree: Everything's Just Fine Maru