At 07:25 PM 10/23/2004 -0700 David Brin wrote:
>Utterly bizarre.  Giving the rich a trillion dollars
>of our childrens' money,

Uh, no, Dr. Brin.  Actually, it was their money.

And actually, it wasn't just the rich.....
   http://slate.msn.com/id/2108201/

>> I know that you disagree with the decision to
>> liberate 38 million Iraqis,
>
>No, only doing it STUPIDLY, based on lies, more lies,
>and utter Tonkin Gulf lies,

They weren't lies.   We saw Saddam use WMD's.    You are once again
overstating your case with hyperbole.

>You have never addressed the basic fact that EVERY
>aspect of the present situation serves the Wahhabis.
>Oil prices skyrocket.

Most analysts attribute this in large part to increased demand from China,
with minor roles also being played by instability in Russia, Nigeria, and
Venezuela.

>Our alliances are shattered.

How did at least 21 of our 30 formal allies joining us in Iraq, "shatter"
our alliance?

>Our reputation mired.
>Meetings are being held in every capital to discuss
>how to restore "multipolarity.

By "every capitol", do you mean London, Canberra, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, etc?

>There is not ONE aspect of the Iraq mess that does not
>play out as a TRAP.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the January elecitons in Iraq
aren't going to be part of your imagined Wahabbi gameplan here.

(I also suppose that Saudi refusal for the US to use Prince Sultan airbase
during the War on Iraq, forcing the US to rebase its troops in the tiny
States of Qatar and Bahrain was all part of their brilliant plot as well?)

>> More hyperbole from you - don't you ever quit?   The
>> air is cleaner and the
>> water is cleaner under Bush
>
>OUTRAGEOUS!!!!
>
>You DARE to claim credit for the improvements won by
>the clean air and water acts

I notice how you can't even deny Bush's record - cleaner air and cleaner
water during his term, tougher federal regulations on diesel emissions,
etc.   Yet, you still call it "the worst" without any supporting evidence.

JDG