"Horn, John" wrote:

> > Behalf Of Julia Thompson
> >
> > This is why I'm trying to get in as much whining between now and
> > Wednesday night as possible.  ;)
>
> Ahem.  I think I can pretty much guarantee that this will not be a
> sweep.  This series will go back to Boston.  Don't get
> overconfident.  Look what happened to...the Yankees!

Just in case.  If I can whine until sometime Sunday, I'll do so.  But
I'm only guaranteed whining rights until sometime Wednesday.  :)

I would like to see the Sox win it at Fenway, so the series going back
to Boston would be fine with me.  (Also, that gives me more time in
front of the TV with a good excuse....)

I don't think I'll go to the extreme that some fans went to in 1986,
getting their kids out of bed to watch what they thought would be a Red
Sox victory.

Oh, and the Wall Street Journal yesterday had an article about how a Red
Sox victory could be bad for a certain segment of businesses, that sell
merchandise having to do with the "curse".  If the Sox win, those
business owners (many of them sole proprietors) will have a good excuse
to whine.  :)

        Julia