Like many moderates, I was occasionally irked by the editors of the PBS investigative show FRONTLINE over the years, for a discernible leftward lean.

That perception has changed in part because new editors have helped restore balance. But more so since the Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh crowd began making the old Frontline look like Edward R. Murrow. In any event, you could never fault Frontline for lack of thorough detail.

Tonights show (9pm PBS) looks likely to be informative about US military readiness - one of my particular interests, now that our best forces are mired and our reserves drained during dangerous times, laying us far more bare than we were before 9/11.

Feel free to edit out biased spins. But facts are facts.

(400 TONS of military explosives left unguarded and now gone missing? What other October surprises do we have in store?)

===

Pass it on.