At 10:22 AM 10/26/2004 -0700 Matt Grimaldi wrote:
>> It strikes me as a fair reading of Dr.  Brin's
>> comments to this List for some time now - that
>> Republicans are enemies of the United States, and
>> Republican policies are never the product of
>> rational thought, but are instead the product of
>> this enmity.
>>
>> Dr.  Brin can correct the record if he feels that
>> I have misinterpreted him on this point.
>
>This is not a fair reading of Dr. Brin's
>comments.  There are republican leaders
>whose policies, statements, and decisions DB
>has agreed with.  There are Republicans who
>he holds in high regard.  Without doing any
>research, two that come to mind, for example,
>are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Colin Powell.
>It is not a fair reading of Brin's statements
>to attribute that hyperoble to DB.  Trying to
>paint anyone, let alone Brin, into a straw-man
>corner is just dumb.

Not true on Colin Powell.,   Colin Powell supported the Iraq war, and Dr.
Brin has stated that it is only possible to have supported Bush's policy in
Iraq if you are a traitor in the pocket of the Saudis.

Come to think of it, Arnold Shwarzenegger supported the Iraq war too.

JDG - I'm a traitor, your're a traitor, we're a traitor all, and when we
get together, we do the traitor call!, Maru....