--- Robert Seeberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Speaking as a homeboy in one of the reddest of the
> red states, I'll
> throw in with you Gautam.
> This is one nation, regardless of who leads it.
> Regardless of
> transient divisions.
> When I wake up on the third, all of you will still
> be my countrymen
> and I will owe my allegiance to you above and beyond
> all other
> considerations, because the nation is its people
> more than it's flag,
> more than the land, more than the government.

That is my desire too.  This "culture war" thing was
not the doing of those moderates -- north and south,
urban and rural, conservative and liberal - who
believe in the pragmatic enlightenment, in modernism
and in a version of Pax Americana that the rest of the
world will follow toward light.

It is the kleptos, apocalypts and neocon loonies who
have done this.
(http://www.davidbrin.com/neoromantics.html)

In any event, the map MEANS something, Robert.  Look
at it.  Whatever your dreams and mine, about a
tolerant America that is united in joyful, moderate
disagreement, look at it.

This is a civil war and we did not start it. We are
fighting for the Union.