----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: Predicted electoral votes listed by state....

> Robert Seeberger wrote:

competitor.
> > Try reading this as it is very very interesting:
> > http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/votemaster-faq.html
> >
> > xponent
> > Visits Most Electoral Site This Cycle Maru
> > rob
>
> Yes, it's the most popular site.  It's spending a lot on advertising
> achieve that status, as well, at least that's the impression I get
from
> the various postings.

Not true, which you would have seen if you read the link actually.
The guy does the site out of his own pocket and spent donations on get
out the vote sites.
It's the most popular site because it is the least biased.

> But John was arguing with the use of certain polls there.

Yeah, he prefers a site with a built in bias.<G>
Such as : http://www.electionprojection.com/
<G>

> Now, the raw data is there for you to pull out the more accurate
polls,
> if you know which ones those are, but I'd take the
electoral-vote-meter
> with more salt than is needed for a margarita.  (Especially
considering
> the swing it can take from one day to the next.)

You have to read the entire site to know how to read it strange as it
sounds.
The front page map is only a day by day map that can change several
times a day.
There is a final projection map that is more stables over longer
periods.
Push polls are outright rejected and you get warnings about polls with
questionable methodology such as Gallup.

> Margarita.  I could use one one of these days.  It's been over a
month,
> and the last one was disappointing, as it was served in a glass that
> didn't have a wide enough rim to hold as much salt as I find
necessary
> for the quantity of margarita contained within the glass.  (In other
> words, I should go to El Arroyo or Chuy's or Antonio's, and NOT to
Baby
> Acapulco if I want my margarita on the rocks with salt.  Other than
the
> margarita issue, though, Baby Acapulco is a great place for dinner,
and
> it has the virtue of being closer than any of the others, except
maybe
> the nearest Antonio's, but that's more of a pain to get to....)

Ahhhhh.....my favoritist drink!
<G>

xponent
Read The Faq Maru