--- Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's only plausible if you really, really
> want
> to believe that American soldiers are genocidal mass
> murderers.

Note - this is not fair, and not at all what I should
have said.  I take it back.  It seems clear to me that
the _authors of the study_, who should have known
better, had an ideological agenda that involved
wanting to make American soldiers look like mass
murderers.  Once it was published in _The Lancet_, it
was naturally reasonable to think of it as immediately
plausible.  Now that it has been, I think,
conclusively demonstrated that it was an entirely
fallacious study, I think it's weird to still find it
a reasonable estimate, though.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]