On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Julia Thompson wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, John D. Giorgis wrote:
>
> > Finally did a little better last week, going 10-5, 62-54 for the year.
> > Thanks to the NY Giants taking the Minnesota Vikings to the house for the
> > second straight year, the Upset Special is a very respectable 5-3.
>
> Much better than my 7-7 last week.  :)  Here are John's calls compared to
> my calls.  Remember, my calls are based solely on who I want to win that
> particular matchup.
>
> > Washington at Detroit - Pick: REDSKINS
>
> Lions.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Arizona at Miami - Pick: CARDINALS
>
> Dolphins.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Philadelphia at Pittsburgh - Pick: EAGLES
>
> Steelers.

John 0, Julia 1

> > NY Jets at Buffalo - Pick: BILLS
>
> Bills.  (Finally agree!)

John 1, Julia 1

> > Kansas City at Tampa Bay - Pick: CHIEFS
>
> Buccaneers.

John 0, Julia 1

> > Dallas at Cincinnati - Pick: BENGALS
>
> Cowboys.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Oakland at Carolina - Pick: PANTHERS
>
> Raiders.

John 0, Julia 1

> > Chicago at NY Giants - Pick: GIANTS
>
> Bears.

John 0, Julia 1

> > New Orleans at San Diego - Pick: CHARGERS
>
> Saints.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Seattle at San Francisco - Pick: SEAHAWKS
>
> Seahawks.  (Another agreement!)

John 1, Julia 1

> > New England at St. Louis -  Pick: RAMS   UPSET SPECIAL
>
> Patriots.

John 0, Julia 1

> > Houston at Denver - Pick: BRONCOS
>
> Texans.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Cleveland at Baltimore - Pick: RAVENS
>
> Browns.

John 1, Julia 0

> > Minnesota at Indianapolis - Pick: COLTS
>
> Colts.  (Third agreement.)

John 1, Julia 1

> Well, if one of us goes 14-0, the other will go 3-11.  :)
>
>       Julia

John goes 9-5, Julia goes 8-6.  And on all three games where we agreed on
the winner, the team we jointly picked won.  :)

        Julia

p.s. nfl.com says this was Week 9, not Week 8....
and I'm sorry you blew the Upset Special, even though I was rooting for
the other team