[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sonja said:

Shees indeed. I'm still wondering what all this gall's got to do
with MY complaint. I'm my own person and I think I've earned my
stripes on this list for being an earnest, concerned and carefull
poster. Thus this, your behaviour towards _me_ is totally
unwarrented and completely undeserved.

I don't recall Sonja ever saying anything that might justify her messages being moderated for any reason other than having subscribed a new address. If she has been put on moderation for any reason other than this, I too would like to know when and why, and I'd also like to know if anybody else is being covertly moderated.

Rich

I'm sorry that I was unclear about that. It is how I percieved the actions as I felt were taken against me. It's not what was actually happening that made me go ballistic, but the lack of information about it that did it. And I feel that that had to do with a serious lack of transparency. Afterwards Julia apologised and I accepted the appology. BUT ...
...at the time it felt really very bad especially since the rational part of the explanation came from Julia, not Nick. I eventually took it in good faith, but considering the whole of the picture I'm getting now, I am seriously questioning myself whether that was a wise decision, seen the animosity toward me in all of Nick's responses that is. And not only this time around. I'm not one to hold a grudge easily but I never forget either.

As a result of this whole moderation mess because of spoofing, and a few other less nice surprises like not being able to subscribe a new adress, without explaination, a few off remarks against my person. It's starting to add up in my mind. For a while now I've been filtering brin-l for moderated posts, so that is how I now automatically know when people are moderated, including me. I'm suspicious about it and I have questioned moderation decisions off-list before, and always got nice and polite answers.... FROM JULIA, never from Nick.

So after all this, I now have to say that the whole incident at the time seriously did stop me from posting for a very long while. And call me crazy, but at the moment I really don't feel all that welcome here anymore. No and I'm not fishing for compliments, it's just how I feel about the list. Or should I say the listowner.

Sonja :o(
GCU: I still reserve the right to be critical, even if the list owner hates it.