On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 03:30:09PM -0600, Dan Minette wrote:

> So, I'd conclude that a preliminary review of the evidence indicates
> that legalization does not remove problems with prostitution.

Surely you meant "does not remove ALL problems with prostitution"?

When you say prostitution is unhealthy, do you mean to say that the
"problems" are inherent in prostitution, and the best way to eliminate
the "problems" is to eradicate prositution?

One might argue that the "problems" are caused by cultural views, that
as long as prostitution is perceived as dirty or immoral, that primarily
people who have lots of other "problems", and therefore are less
concerned about the stigma, will participate in prostitution. In other
words, perhaps a good way to eliminate the "problems" of prostitution is
to eradicate religion(s) which teach that prositution is immoral?