On 29 Nov 2004, at 10:26 pm, Richard Baker wrote:

William said:

[For the benefit of foreigners...]

[...some of whom I bet will read this anyway]

[...and then regret it bitterly]

 I have no idea what the point
of the "Cylon-occupied Caprica" thread is though.

It gets us Boomer in the sun as well as Boomer in the Battlestar. Twice as much Grace Park can't be a bad thing. Also there may be some plot thingy involved that plays out slowly as an arc. A bit of suborning or such.

I keep wondering if they are going to return the pair of them to the Galactica, but this would lead to two Boomers in one place, which would be obvious. I am also wondering whether the humanoid entities are really Cylons or if they are Something Else that have somehow taken over Cylon civilisation for their own ends. Have they ever themselves said they are Cylons? I don't recall.

I still haven't seen all of both parts of the mini-series. Sky is still repeating it frequently on the Movie channels so I must try and catch up. I think some important clues were in there.

The humanoid 'Cylons' were created by the original Cylons. Whether they are actual Cylons, brainwashed slave-humans or artificial life-forms allied with the Cylons is a mystery. The Cylon space-fighters being bio-mechanical hybrids is interesting.

There isn't much of the old spaceships-blowing-each-other-up, is
there?

But they do it rather well when they do.

Yes, they do. I think all things considered I'd rather have the battles as infrequent as they are because it's hard to believe that the remain few dozen Vipers could hold out against a weekly Cylon attack like in the old series.

That's a good point.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A bad thing done for a good cause is still a bad thing. It's why so few people slap their political opponents. That, and because slapping looks so silly." - Randy Cohen.