On Dec 3, 2004, at 8:57 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

Gautam Mukunda wrote:

For God's sake, Nick, what he's saying is pretty
obvious.

Indeed.

I was trying to express that he didn't seem to be getting what I was saying.

The United States didn't become the property of the Republican party on Election Day. All that was won was the political leadership, won by all who participated, not just the votes of the winners of the election.

Anyone think this is a meaningful distinction?

It appears to have escaped Gautam and John both that the Republican party has been running this nation into the ground since well before November. Let's not forget the "conservative" legislature under Clinton's tenure, or the "conservative" legislature that gave GWB carte blanche to press illegal, unjustified war and charge it off to our grandchildren.

And the Republican slopfest hasn't stopped:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/03/opinion/03fri3.html?th>

13 bills for spending, including funding that idiot groundhog day ceremony. While cutting the NSF budget. (These bills, BTW, have already passed.)

Groundhogs are more crucial to the nation's future than the National Science Foundation?

Sure, it makes sense -- with the recent upsurge in religiosity among "conservative" ranks it's no wonder they choose superstition over science.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf