On Dec 13, 2004, at 6:56 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

From: "Gary Denton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:02:45 -0600 (GMT-06:00), The Fool
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/12/05/ ngay05.xm
l&sSheet=/news/2004/12/05/ixhome.html>>

Pregnant women who take slimming pills 'are more likely to have gay
children'
By Robert Matthews, Science Correspondent

Just more evidence of sexuality is more a matter of biology, not choice.

I'm inclined to lean toward both. Proclivity + culture = personality, briefly; and if one's sexual orientation can be said to be part of one's personality, it fits.

I looked at the principal researcher's web page.  It did not inspire
confidence.

Any chance you could pass along the URL? I'd like to see what his previous studies look like as well.

I'm not arguing that sexual orientation is a lifestyle choice, of course,
just arguing for not believing everything that a science reporter writes.
:-)

Good thing. :D (Agreed on the conclusion.)

I don't even know what "lifestyle choice" has to do with sexual orientation. I've been involved in nonheterosexual culture for decades now and have seen no evidence whatsoever of the "gay lifestyle" of which I hear mention. Perhaps its discussed at the same meetings they hold to talk about the "homosexual agenda".

;)

And as for choice ... well. Given the seven hells that get dumped on gays and lesbians. doesn't it seem odd that anyone would claim they *chose* their orientation?

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf