At 12:28 AM 12/18/2004 -0600 Robert Seeberger wrote:

>> >That's what I fail to understand about your rhetoric here.
>> >I don't see Dave apologizing for dictators and I certainly am not
>> >either.
>> >
>> >Some Americans are bad people. Our jails are full of them. Some bad
>> >people make it into the military and do bad things that shame us. I
>> >don't see anything that is in any way unpatriotic about pointing
>> >that
>> >out and sending the bad guys sorry asses to prison.
>> >
>> >We keep our own house clean, do we not?
>> >
>> >xponent
>> >No Monopoly On Goodness Maru
>> >rob
>>
>> Rob,
>>
>> I think that one key reason that you fail to understand Gautam's
>> rhetoric
>> here is that you just made Gautam's point for him.
>>
>> JDG -    Gautam 1       Rob 0, Maru
>
>Silly of me to not think of everything in terms of winners and losers,
>eh?

No Rob.

What I was pointing out to you, is that your response to Gautam beginning
"what I fail to understand" was probably thought by you to be a rebuttal of
Gautam's point.

I am going to guess that from Gautam's perspective, and certainly from my
perspective, that that very same post of yours was considered to be prima
facie evidence of precisely the point that Gautam was making.

You should know better than anyone to not respond to the silly "Maru"
tagline of a post, and look at what was actually being said in the body of
the post.    So let me try it again.... one key reason that you fail to
understand Gautam's rhetoric is that you just made Gautam's point for him.
  If you are going to try and rebut Gautam's point about leftists, it would
probably be best if you didn't engage in precisely the sort of activity he
is accusing leftists of.   I think that you should be able to figure out
the rest of Gautam's rhetoric from there.

JDG