On Dec 17, 2004, at 9:34 PM, JDG wrote:

At 11:31 AM 12/17/2004 -0600 Dan Minette wrote:
I won't argue with that.  I don't think that constitutes attacking the
United States, though.

So, you would disagree that firing shots with the intent of bringing down a country's aircraft ordinarily constitutes an act of war against said country?

Please note that I am not saying "Justifies Gulf War II", I am merely
trying to determine your definition of "attack the United States", and
using "act of war" as a proxy for "attacking."

Thank you, John, sincerely. This is the kind of clarity that my messages have been intended to elicit.

Dave