> * Gary Denton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Unlike them I am not paid shills for the American Enterprise Institute
> being paid to persuade people that privatized federal savings

To clarify we were discussing:

Dr. Kent Smetters (Associate Professor at Wharton, former
economist for the Congressional Budget Office 1995-98)
http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/faculty/smetters.html

Dr. Jagadeesh Gokhale (Cato Institute fellow, former senior
economic adviser to the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland)
http://www.cato.org/people/gokhale.html

Since you like to throw around circumstantial evidence instead of
discussing the specific work, here is something for you about Gokhale
from the link above:

   "His latest book, Fiscal and Generational Imbalances: New Budget
   Measures for New Budget Priorities, coauthored with Kent Smetters,
   drew widespread attention when it was published by AEI after the Bush
   administration declined to include it in the federal budget document
   for which it had been commissioned."

Anyway, they are obviously qualified to have an expert opinion. You may
have partisan disagreements with them, but dismissing them as "paid
shills" is hardly persuasive, unless you can show some credentials that
qualify you to give an expert opinion.

On the other hand, if you presented some specific problems with their
facts or methodology, then you could make a more persuasive argument.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/