Trent Shipley wrote:

> David Brin has said that the Holocene Chat partners would
> like to hold a demo primarilly for members of Brin-L and in
> particular for those who participate in the Wednesday chat.

> Furthermore, the Holocene Chat investors would LIKE to host
> our weekly chat on HC since it "would be wonderful and really
> help [them] along".

> http://www.holocenechat.com/

> ==========

> If you are interested please, reply to Brin-L.  (Effectively
> this is a blank-check form of RSVP.)

Does a bear take the Pope into the woods? No, wait, that's not
quite right... ;-) But my answer is yes, I'd love to. I do have
some questions, though:

How open will it be to new users, who weren't signed up ahead
of time? With the number of chat regulars so low these days,
it's always good to add a surprising new face occasionally.

Will we have to sign some form of non-disclosure agreement to
try it out? I'm OK with that, since I've signed an unrelated
one before, but it may add some hassle to signing up.

> News from Wm. T. Goodall would be particularly apropos.

Depending on how open the early Holocene Chat test is to
newcomers, we may still need William to set up the IRC server
we discussed.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com