----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Special forces 'on the ground' in Iran

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:35:17 -0500, Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Is there a second source confirming this? I've always had some doubts
about
> > the Guardian...
>
>  The Guardian is reporting a story in the New Yorker.

One interesting comment on Seymore Hearsh...he is an investigative reporter
who finds 300% of breaking stories.  Sometimes, he is dead on.  Other
times, his willingness to go with a story that has not been properly cross
confirmed.  An example of the latter was a story, early in Afghanistan war,
about a massive, failed, fatal US effort.  I remember seeing him on TV
describing it. Since it's hard to believe that the death of  a number of
American servicemen could be hidden for 3 years, this provides an example
of him trusting a source that he shouldn't.

So, a Seymore Hearsh article should be a heads up that something _may_ be
happening, but not confirmation that something _is_ happening.

Dan M.