At 10:20 PM 1/18/2005 -0800 Doug Pensinger wrote:
>JDG wrote:
>

>> The biggest problem is what happens when the decision maker with hundreds
>> of billions of dollars in assets picks an investment vehicle for those
>> assets.    Since increased demand boosts price, whomever is currently
>> investing in the "chosen" assets will probably do pretty well for
>> themselves.
>
>That sounds like the kind of problem a clever solution could remedy.  What
>if _all_ qualifying assets were invested in equally?

Off the top of my head, some problems are:

1) Choosing the qualifications for assets.

2) A great investment choice becomes picking assets on the verge of
qualification.

3) Not all assets have equal liquidity.

Anyhow, I am not saying that it is impossible to come up with a creative
solution to this problem - but that any such solution is fraught with
serious difficulties because of the inordinate power the SS Administration
will wield.

JDG