On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Erik Reuter wrote:

> * Dan Minette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > 1950:  1156%
> > 1960     180%
> > 1970     101%
> > 1975       63%
> > 1980       23%
> >
> > This reflects a true, immediate crisis.
>
> My god! You're right, it is the crisis of proportionally spaced fonts!
> Oh, the misalignment! The pain! The exclamation points!!!

ROTFL!

I agree on the font thing -- can't mail programs come with a default for
fixed-width, rather than proportional, fonts?  (That was my biggest
initial beef with Thunderbird -- it assumed I wanted to do my email in
HTML with a proportional font.  Never figured out how to get it to stick
to Courier in HTML, but I prefer plain text for e-mail, and it's fine with
letting me specify Courier for that.  HTML belongs on web pages, not in
e-mail.)

I read the rest of the post.  Understood most of it.  Wish AARP would jump
off a cliff or do something similarly constructive....

        Julia