Kevin Street wrote:

I don't know. Somehow, I suspect human nature is basically the same today as
it was ten thousand years ago, and it will remain that way for thousands of
years to come if the species survives.

I was talking about human knowledge, not human nature.

Specifically, with regard to the middle ages v. today, we know of more sources of authority, as a result of observing and understanding self-regulating systems.

And I think we're at the start of another breakthrough, this one as a result of observing and understanding self-organizing systems.

This has nothing to do with changing human nature and a whole lot to do with becoming more aware of how human and other nature operates.

Nick