----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren Ockrassa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: IPod Loading

On Feb 6, 2005, at 10:45 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

Robert wrote:

An iPod loader can earn several hundred dollars for converting a large
collection, but hour by hour, the money is modest. Transferring a
single full-length CD takes five to nine minutes on a standard
computer, which means that most computers can generate $6 to $12 an
hour. Even a computer capable of transferring a CD in three minutes
would generate no more than $20 an hour.

Actually it would take a lot less time than that once you established a comprehensive database on you computer. Not exactly legal, maybe, but you can transfer MP3s (or whatever) a good deal faster than you can translate a CD.

Of course, to do that you'd have to have an MP3 version of every possible song ever.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf

yes you would eventually end up wih a copy of every MP3 ever... but keep in mind that with a general set of customers there would be several CDs which they all own, and then with those you would save yourself a tonne of time. and that comes from experience, whlie in University i was one of the first people in my group of friends that had a burner, and i would end up getting requests form peole to make a cd for them from their own cds that they owned. eventualy i had a libary that would cover off any song list that they gave me...and it would only take me the time it took to decompress the songs from MP3 and to burn the cd... about 15mins lol....

Currently i have a libary of around 26GB of music.. and its all legit back ups of my own collection.... however there are a few that i can no longer find the CDs for.. gues thats what happens when you create a digital libary and listen mainly from your computer.

So yes you would have a rather large song list... however i dout you would ever break 50GB of space... and with todays storage costs you would pay for you 200GB hd from one load.

Nick "paid off my burner and HD" Lidster