> Gary Nunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I never ceased to be amazed at the stupidity of
> people and the legal system.
> I hope the judge and the woman both feel and look
> like idiots in their
> town.... It is a little strange for a couple of
> attractive teenage girls to
> choose to stay home and bake cookies, but the judge
> is demonstrating stupidity at it's best.

> Teens Sued for Cookie Delivery to Neighbor
> Feb. 5, 2004 - A pair of Colorado teens surprised a
> neighbor by baking cookies - no charge.
> It cost them $900.
>
> Taylor Ostergaard, 18, and Lindsey Zellitti, 19,
> decided to stay home from a
> dance in July in order to surprise their neighbors
> with an anonymous delivery of homemade cookies.
>
> But one of their neighbors, Wanita Renea Young, 49,
> became so terrified she
> suffered an anxiety attack and called the police.
> Young sued the girls and
> this week was awarded $900 to recoup her medical
> bills.
<snip>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=473840&page=1

Pretty stupid...The girls have gotten lots of
donations to cover their costs, however:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2700488,00.html
"...Cookie giant Otis Spunkmeyer, which honors the
girls with its "Kindness Cookie," also has promised
the girls countertop ovens and a year's supply of
dough.

"The girls will visit Denver on Thursday to accept
$900 from 850-KOA Radio, which has raised about $4,000
in their names since Saturday, spokesman Alan Jackson
said. The rest of the proceeds will be donated to the
Never Forgotten Fund, a charity in honor of Columbine
High School shooting victims."

Debbi
No Sprinkles For *You* Wanita! Maru