Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Chad wrote:
>> So you can mark down my vote as undecided
>> as to whether or not its unethical. In the
>> bigger picture it generates wealth. Then
>> again, so does heroin sales.

> If you can limit telemarketing with a no
> call list, why can't you regulate spam?
>
> Doug

Would there be some kind of spam permit?
The cost per spam is much, much lower than
the cost per phone call (both in phone charges
and salaries) which adds a kind of self-limiting
factor on top of better transparency with CallerID.

I'm all for a DoNotSpam list, I'm not so sure
that anything would be effective unless you
introduce a cost-per-transaction component.

-- Matt

"Pay me a nickel if you want me
to see your spam, though I won't
promise to read it or anything."